Plovdiv Regional Historical Museum
The Plovdiv Regional Historical Museum (Template:Lang-bg, Regionalen istoricheski muzey Plovdiv) is a historical museum in the city of Plovdiv, Bulgaria. Established in 1951, it covers the history of Plovdiv from the 15th century until today (the older history is presented in the Plovdiv Archaeological Museum). It has three departments, each occupying a separate historic building.
The Bulgarian National Revival department, situated in the large house of the Greek merchant from Thessaloniki Dimitris Georgiadi built 1846, takes up 825 m² and traces the history of Plovdiv from the 15th to the 19th century.
The Unification of Bulgaria department is dedicated to Plovdiv's key role in the events of 6 September 1885 as the capital of Eastern Rumelia. It covers the period from the Treaty of Berlin of 1878 to the Serbo-Bulgarian War of 1885. The department occupies the former building of the Eastern Rumelian Regional Assembly (Parliament) designed by the Savoy architect Pietro Montani and built 1883-1885.
The book-publishing department follows the stages of development of the publishing during the Bulgarian National Revival and Plovdiv's role as its centre. The department takes up six halls in the house of the noted publisher and enlightener Hristo G. Danov from the early 19th century.