The bridge links the 12th arrondissement at the rue Ledru-Rollin, to the 5th and 13th arrondissements, at the Jardin des Plantes.
thumb The construction of the bridge came from a necessity to link the Faubourg Saint-Antoine on the right bank to the Jardin des Plantes on the left bank. At the beginning of the 19th century the first bridge was constructed. In 1801, the engineer Becquey de Beaupré proposed a five-arched bridge. In 1854, the bridge was judged dangerous and the width was increased to 18 meters (59 feet) and finally to 30 meters (98 feet).
- Type : Arch bridge
- Construction : 1801–1805, 1854 and 1884–1885
- Inauguration : 1854 and 1885
- Architects : Alexandre Michal, Jules Savarin (1854) – Jean-Marie-Georges Choquet (1885)
- Material : Stone Masonry
- Total Length : 173,80 m
- List of crossings of the River Seine