Addlestone railway station
Template:Infobox UK station Addlestone railway station serves the town of Addlestone in the Runnymede District of Surrey, England. It is located on the Chertsey Branch of the Waterloo to Reading Line and is operated by South West Trains.
The station was opened, with the branch line, on 14 February 1848. It comprises Up and Down platforms having brick buildings: the main building being on the Down side. There is a level crossing with Station Road (B3121) on the south side of the station. Just under a mile south of the station, the line crosses the River Wey. After leaving the station southbound trains approach Addlestone Junction and can either head westward towards Byfleet and New Haw (and subsequent stations on the South Western Main Line) or head eastward to terminate at Weybridge.
Opened by the London and South Western Railway, it became part of the Southern Railway during the Grouping of 1923. The line then passed on to the Southern Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948.
When Sectorisation was introduced, the station was served by Network SouthEast until the Privatisation of British Railways.
There is a direct half-hourly service at non-peak times from the station to Waterloo via Staines and Hounslow, although it is normally quicker to change at Virginia Water for a faster service. An alternative route to Waterloo is to change at Weybridge (Mondays to Saturdays) or Byfleet & New Haw (Sundays and early mornings/late evenings only) on the South Western Main Line.
- Addlestone station high westbound.JPG
Overview of Addlestone station looking west
- Unit 450555 at Addlestone.JPG
Unit 450555 at Addlestone
- Addlestone station look east2.JPG
Eastbound view of platforms
- Addlestone station look west.JPG
Westbound view of platforms