Anvers (Paris Métro)
The station was opened on 21 October 1902 as part of the extension of line 2 from Étoile. It was the eastern terminus of the line until its extension to Bagnolet (now called Alexandre Dumas) on 31 January 1903. The station is named after the Place d'Anvers and the city of Antwerp (Anvers in French).
The station is located under the Boulevard de Rochechouart, which was built on the route of the Wall of the Farmers-General in order to enforce the collection of taxation between 1784 and 1791 but demolished in the 19th century. Anvers (Sacré-Cœur) is only station on line 2 between the Charles de Gaulle—Étoile and the Nation stations that is not built on the site of a gate (or barrière in French) of the wall. The area became important intersections and, thus, logical places for stations. Instead Anvers station was placed as close to the foot of the Montmartre funicular as possible. Nevertheless, the Barrière de Rochechouart was at the east, near the junction of the Boulevard de Rochechouart and the Rue de Rochechouart. Also near are the hill of Montmartre and the Basilica of the Sacré-Cœur
|M||Mezzanine for platform connection|
|Platform 1||? 20px 20px toward Porte Dauphine (Pigalle)|
|Platform 2||? 20px 20px toward Nation (Barbès – Rochechouart) ?|
- Roland, Gérard (2003). Stations de métro. D’Abbesses à Wagram. Éditions Bonneton.