Sciences Po Aix
It is housed in the Palais de l'université, a Monument historique designed by architect Georges Vallon in 1734. The building is located on the Place de l'université ("town square of the university"), opposite Cathédrale Saint-Sauveur on the rue Gaston de Saporta in Aix-en-Provence. This building previously housed the Faculty of Law of Aix-Marseille University.
As a grande école, its admissions process is selective. Sciences Po Aix specializes in political sciences. It also offers courses in economics, history, law, international relations, and business. It is associated with Aix-Marseille University and is part of a network of nine Institut d'études politiques, known as IEP.
The IEP provides students with a general training in law, economics, general knowledge and history. Its students are selected through a competitive entrance examination. Some of its students have become company directors or government officials. Many students move on to careers in journalism, finance, diplomacy or communications.
It was established in 1956.
In 2006, "Sciences Po Aix" celebrated its 50th anniversary. It hosted and won the annual Critérium inter-IEP competition.
In September 2007, Philippe Séguin (1943–2010), then President of the Court of Audit (in French Cour des comptes), was elected President of the Administration Council, succeeding Jean-Paul Proust (1940–2010), Minister of the Principality of Monaco. In July 2010, the former French minister of economy and current managing director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Christine Lagarde, member of the Administration Council since 2008 and graduated from the IEP of Aix-en-Provence in 1977, was elected President.
- 1956-1974 : Paul de Geouffre de la Pradelle
- 1974-1979 : Charles Cadoux
- 1979-1984 : Yves Daudet
- 1984-1996 : Jacques Bourdon
- 1996-2006 : Jean-Claude Ricci
- 2006–present: Christian Duval
- Christine Lagarde, the current managing director of the International Monetary Fund.<ref name="whoiswho">Sciences Po Aix website's "Who is who"</ref>
- Philippe Séguin, a French politian.<ref name="whoiswho"/>
- Elisabeth Guigou, a French politian.<ref name="whoiswho"/>
- Roger Karoutchi, a French politian.<ref name="whoiswho"/>
- http://www.sciencespo-aix.fr Template:Fr icon Template:En icon Official website of the IEP.
- http://www.monsciencespoaix.fr/ Template:Fr icon Student website run by the Arts Office: it includes forums, films, podcasts, pictures, etc.